Thursday, June 28, 2007

Why do we take so long returning phone calls?

Rest assured, they are all better now. No, he's not a neglected orphan waiting for a new family. Our never-sick Ezra came down with something. A virus, a fever, an ear infection, thrush, a cough, and puffy, red, goopy eyes.


Before I had kids, I thought I would never let anyone in my family have snot on their face. Ever. I mean, why not just wipe it off?
It's because when the kid's already miserable, and liquids and semi-solids are pouring forth ceaselessly, a tender mama and papa just may not have the heart to attack his little face with the hankercheif again right now. It may only get wiped away periodically.
He spiked a fever of 103.9--luckily there was a doctor in the house (and more than one next door!) to assure and assist us.
Once again rested and well, thankfulness for all our working parts is renewed. We are so grateful.

No comments: